Richardson enters race for CD 2 | News
AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Another man has entered the race to represent Maine in the US House of Congress.
Blaine Richardson will take on Kevin Raye in the Republican primary for the second district congressional seat. He kicked off his campaign today outside the State House. Richardson is a former US Navy Aviator. He says he's running as a conservative challenger to Kevin Raye. Richardson says he is pro-life and favors marriage as one man and one woman. He also says he'll work on constitutional issues.
"The people of America today don't feel like they're being listened to anymore," Richardson said. "They're really fed up with government running off in its own direction. They want their country back. They want their government back and they want the Constitution to be followed and it's a very simple document."
Richardson will face off against Raye in the Republican primaries in June. Whoever wins that will be up against Mike Michaud in November.
Upcoming Events near Augusta - Waterville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date