Roommate indicted in Augusta stabbing death | News
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - An Augusta man has been charged with fatally stabbing his roommate in June.
In an indictment unsealed Monday, Michael Thomas Young, 40, was charged with murder in the death of David Cox.
Young called police on June 11 to say Cox was dead in the apartment they shared, but he was not initially charged with the stabbing.
Cox, an Army veteran, was reportedly stabbed in the chest. The men had lived in Augusta for about two years, and neighbors said they heard the men argue frequently.
The Kennebec Journal reports that Young was arrested last week in Key West, Fla. hiding in a shower at a trailer park. He is being held there pending extradition.
Upcoming Events near Augusta - Waterville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families