Items found in Kennebec river; unclear if related to missing toddler case | News
WATERVILLE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- State Police say they have recovered some items from the Kennebec River in Waterville, but they won't say if they are connected to the Ayla Reynolds case.
Ayla Reynolds is the toddler who went missing in mid-December from the home where her father lived on Violette Street.
Maine Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland tells NEWS CENTER that the items were found in the sluiceway near the former Hathaway Shirt factory. The items were taken to the State Police Crime Lab in Augusta where they will be analyzed.
McCausland would not offer further comment.
Upcoming Events near Augusta - Waterville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date