Robber passes threatening note to drug store clerk | News
AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The clerk at a pharmacy in Augusta was not hurt despite being threatened during a robbery.
It was around 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday when a man dressed in a black trenchcoat walked up to the drug counter at the CVS on Stone Street.
Police say the robber handed the clerk a note which said he had a weapon and was prepared to get violent if he was not given prescription medication. The man got the drugs and took off, without ever showing the weapon he claimed to have.
Police tried to track him with a K-9 team, but were unable to pick up his trail.
Upcoming Events near Augusta - Waterville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date