Robber passes threatening note to drug store clerk | News
AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The clerk at a pharmacy in Augusta was not hurt despite being threatened during a robbery.
It was around 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday when a man dressed in a black trenchcoat walked up to the drug counter at the CVS on Stone Street.
Police say the robber handed the clerk a note which said he had a weapon and was prepared to get violent if he was not given prescription medication. The man got the drugs and took off, without ever showing the weapon he claimed to have.
Police tried to track him with a K-9 team, but were unable to pick up his trail.
Upcoming Events near Augusta - Waterville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families