Driver dies in Augusta car crash | News
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - Police say a 21-year-old man has died after his car struck a tree in Augusta.
Deputy Chief Jared Mills says Patrick Culleton of Manchester was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash at about 6 p.m. Tuesday on Western Avenue westbound.
He was alone in the car and no other vehicles were involved.
Mills says witnesses told investigators that the car was traveling at a high rate of speed when the driver had to suddenly swerve to avoid stopped traffic.
The accident remains under investigation.
Upcoming Events near Augusta - Waterville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date